science centre immaginario scientifico
The Science Centre Immaginario Scientifico in Pordenone is a science museum to try, to play and to find out. Its exhibition techniques are typical of interactive and multimedia museums, where informal education methodologies are strongly used. The museum is a living place where visitors interact with exhibits and the surrounding environment and where “it is forbidden not to touch“.
It consists of three sections:
a socialising environment displaying a collection of hands-on exhibits divided into specific thematic subsections. Visitors can manipulate and play with objects to learn about natural phenomena and find out about the laws of physics governing them while having fun.
a multimedia environment to plunge into theme-based exhibitions that are constantly updated. High-definition multivisions on large screens, hypertexts, hands-on exhibits and stimulating music create an original mix between scientific contents and emotional involvement.
an inflatable planetarium where visitors can find out about the wonders of star motion: sunrise and sunset simulations, constellations and star movements during the night and over the seasons, the planets position in the sky.
At weekends Immaginario Scientifico organises edutainment activities for children, such as:
5 to 10 year olds learn simple scientific principles, have fun and release their creativity with funny construction toys.
Immaginario Scientifico organises funny birthday parties. Participants build scientific toys with the help of a group leader; then the party continues in the museum, with exhibitions to watch and exhibits to touch.
A NIGHT OF IMAGINATION
a whole night at the museum with construction activities, games, free exploration of exhibits and an exciting meeting with a famous scientist of the past…then everybody goes to sleep in their sleeping bags.
The museum also organises several activities for schools, such as:
- GUIDED VISITS to the Science Centre including Fenomena and Kaleido sections and the planetarium (Cosmo). Tours are organised on a case-by-case basis according to visitors, their age, needs and time available.
- DEMONSTRATIONS AND EXPERIMENTAL ACTIVITIES: the Science Centre provides a broad range of workshops to arouse curiosity about science through informal education activities. By using common objects and simple experimental equipment, 6 to 18 year olds can learn different scientific topics: astronomy, Earth sciences, ecology, chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics, natural sciences, technology and nutrition.
- ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN: on Mondays the Science Centre is fully dedicated to 3-5 year-old children. In addition to guided tours, they can take part in edutainment activities specifically designed for them.
- NAVIS: the Science Centre comes to you directly in your school, with workshops organized to be held in class, to stimulate group work.
- IMAGINABLE: museum tours and workshops targeting the disabled.
how to reach us
Pordenone Science Centre is located in Torre, via Vittorio Veneto 31.
If you come from Udine or the motorway (Cimpello exit) follow the road Pontebbana SS13, take via delle Acque or via Fornace and turn into via Vittorio Veneto. Then continue until you reach the crossroads with via Bellasio.
If you come from Sacile along the road SS13 or Pordenone, take via Revedole until you reach the centre of Torre, then turn into via Vittorio Veneto.